Recipe - Cajun spiced sweet potato bites
These yummy snacks are great for replacing any high sugar foods in your diet, and will satisfy those cravings later in the day. Fast and simple to prepare, a perfect addition to any meal.
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
Unrefined high mineral sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees, gas mark 6.
2. Place the chopped sweet potato pieces into a bowl and drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
3. Transfer to a roasting tray and put into the centre of the oven for 40-45 minutes.
4. When cooked, the potato should be soft to touch and starting to colour.
5. Leave to cool on some paper towel to remove any excess oil.
6. Once cooled sprinkle the cajun seasoning over the sweet potato.
6. Enjoy warm, or refrigerate and have whenever you feel like a snack. They can also be reheated in a pan, air-fryer, or oven to be enjoyed with any meal.
These will keep for up to 5 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
Why not try adding different spices, curry and jerk seasonings also work great with sweet potato!