Recipe - The incredible egg wrap
How to make an egg wrap base ready to roll up your favourite ingredients. For this you will need a good cast iron crepe pan, heated with a little extra virgin olive oil and/or some butter. The bigger the pan the better and we find that a 28cm diameter is perfect for the job and means you will be able to roll up your ingredients no problem.
2 Large eggs – whisked
Extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Heat up your pan over a high heat and add the butter and oil.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the seasoning and whisk well.
3. Add this mixture to the heated pan and allow to cook on the bottom until it starts to colour.
4. Finish under a hot grill to cook the top of the wrap, again until there is some colour to the egg.
5. When finished transfer to a plate resting on some kitchen towel to soak up any excess oils.
6. Put into the fridge to finish cooling.
7. This is a great way to batch cook; you can make multiples at a time and keep them in the fridge ready for you to fill when you need them.
8. They will last up to 5 days if kept refrigerated in an airtight container.